Helicopter Crash Site
Initial Emergency Call Out prior to Building Fabric Repairs
Following tragic incident involving a Helicopter Crash Mountfield were contacted by long standing client to attend and make the site secure. Initial damage to the roof left the site vulnerable to water ingress and broken glazing / doors provided security concerns to the client.
A temporary roof covering was installed on the same day and the site made water tight and secure. A full scheme was then implemented to carry out repairs to the roof structure, high level parapet wall and glazing repairs. A scaffold and hoarding was erected to the front to allow the works to take place including a jet wash of the building façade. At low level the damaged brick wall was removed and rebuilt along with paving repair to the pavement threshold.
Role: Principle Contractor
- Emergency Roof Repairs to form temporary waterproof solution
- Installation of security scaffold and alarmed hoarded work area
- Replacement of high level damaged brickwork and new lead install
- New purlins, z bars and roof sheets
- Gutter clean
- Supply and fix of new glazing
- Repainting of all window squares and remedial works to doors